Thursday, April 4, 2013

Micro credit scheme helps expand business

SEREMBAN: Tuition teacher Wong Seow Yen wanted to expand her business by offering computer lessons to students. The 33-year-old mother of three was thinking of offering the lessons not only to ordinary students but also older folk, but found her stumbling block is a lack of funds.

Source from (The Star Online): http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/4/4/nation/12919171&sec=nation
Published: April 04, 2013

Wong Seow Yen
      Wong Seow Yen

“The main problem was getting the money to buy computers and related equipment. Since I couldn't get a loan, I had to defer my plan a couple of times until a friend told me about the 1MCA Micro Credit Loan Scheme,” she said.

Within four months, Wong managed to get a RM20,000 soft loan. Now, work on her new centre located on the ground floor of a three-storey shoplot along Jalan Temiang is under way.

“I have more students signing up and hope to turn the computer centre into a cyber cafe in the evenings,” she said, describing the interest rate charged for the loan as minimal.

Wong said she was also happy that her oldest child, who is now in Primary Three, would be able to attend computer lessons once the centre was ready.

“I am fortunate because my husband, who is also in the IT sector, helps me with my business.

“The revenue has certainly helped us supplement our household income and I am so thankful to MCA for the loan,” she said.

To show her gratitude to MCA, Wong has pledged to offer discounts to senior citizens wishing to pick up computer skills.

“Since I have achieved my dream of owning a computer centre, it is only proper that I give something back to society,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment